All your questions on the Miss Wheelchair World
We sum up all your questions on the Miss Wheelchair World 2017, therefore please find below our answers to that questions, which should clear up all your doubts.
1. There is no beauty contest for wheelchair bound women in my country. Can I still report for the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 (MWW 2017)?
Yes. You can file your application to the MWW 2017, but firstly you have to find an organizational unit/foundation acting on behalf and for disabled persons in Your country which formally reports you to the MWW 2017. What does it mean it has formally report your candidature to the MWW 2017? It means it has to enter into cooperation with us and send us letter/ e-mail in which it acknowledges you are wheelchair bound person, country of your origin and that it reports you to the MWW 2017.
2. If a national miss wheelchair was held in my country, can I still report to the MWW 2017 if I was not awarded with the miss title?
In this case the decision is to be made by the organizer of such beauty contest. You can be selected by the organizer and report yourself for the MWW 2017 only when You took part in this national beauty contest. Poland reports to the MWW 2017 Miss Poland Wheelchair 2016 – Adrianna Zawadzińska and one of the finalists of Miss Poland Wheelchair 2013-2016.
3. What are my expenses connected with participation in the MWW 2017?
You are supposed to pay for Your round trip to Poland (plane tickets, bus tickets, train ticket). Moreover at Your own expense You have to prepare two outfits – an evening gown, and a national costume, which You have to bring to the workshops, and two pairs of matching elegant shoes, including one pair of black shoes. Apart from the Final Gala, this apparel will be used during photo sessions during the Workshops.
We cover the cost of insurance, accommodation and alimentation of each candidate and the cost of accommodation and alimentation of candidate’s one assistant of September 29th to October 8th (you have to check out after a breakfast). We cover other costs of Your participation in the Final Gala and the Workshops (September 29th to October the 6th, Final Gala on October the 7th). You can obviously take more than one assistant, but we cover the expenses of only one of them.
4. I need to take my assistant with me. What about his/her expenditures? How many assistants can I take with me to the MWW 2017.
We cover the cost of accommodation and alimentation of the candidate’s one assistant. The assistant need to cover the round trip expenses to Poland (plain ticket, bus ticket, train ticket).
You can take more assistants than one, but in this case the second assistant need to cover all his/her expenses (accommodation and alimentation too).
5. Is there Any age limit?
You must be 18 years of age or more. That is all. For us beauty without barriers!
6. What happens if there are five applications from one country??
There are two different situation which may occur. First, there are more than two application from a country which organizes national beauty contest for wheelchair bound women. Normally this situation should not occur because it is the organizer of this beauty contest which reports it’s candidates to the competition. If there is more than one organizer (for example in 2016 the contest was organized by organizer X whereas in 2015 the contest was organized by the organizer Y) then we reserves the right to select not more than two candidates from this country. We select two candidates from a country if less than 25 countries have reported their candidates to the MWW 2017.
The other situation is when there are more than two application from a country which does not organize national beauty contest for wheelchair women. In this situation a candidature has to be reported by the non governmental organization/foundation or association dealing with people with disabilities. If there is more than one applications reported to the MWW 2017 then we select not more than two candidates from this country. We select two candidates from a country if less than 25 countries have reported their candidates to the MWW 2017. In this case we select the candidates on a first come first serve basis.
7. I need visa to enter Poland. Do You assist me in obtaining it?
All formalities connected with visa are on your side. You need to get to know how much time You need to get visa so as to appear on the MWW 2017 on time. We can obviously assist You in obtaining visa by sending You a formal invitation. You need to inform us what this formal invitation should contain so as to be of service in Your Visa application. We can state that we cover the accommodation and alimentation cost of Your stay in Poland
8. How can I report to the MWW 2017 step by step?
You must be 18 years old or more wheelchair bound person,
You are formally reported to the MWW 2017 by the organizer of the national beauty contest for the wheelchair bound persons (if You took part in this contest) or if the country of Your origin does not organize such beauty contest then You have to be reported by the non governmental organization/foundation or association dealing with people with disabilities,
You send us an application with the documents You will find here: http://misswheelchairworld.com/en/8,recruitment-2017.html. You also have to get yourself familiar with the Regulation of the MWW 2017.
You have to send us an application to our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The application must contain:
- scans of the recruitment files (application form, declaration on the personal data, photo release form and the acceptance of the Regulation of the Miss Wheelchair World 2017 – all the aforementioned documents need to be personally signed),
- photocopy of the disability certificate,
- 2 photographs in electronic form (one of face and one of the whole body on the wheelchair; in format not lower than 800 pixels on its longest side. The photographs will be put on the Organizers’ websites and on the social media. The photographs may not be marked with any statements promoting other social or professional activities,
- two to five minutes video record in avi, mp4, mpg or wmv format during which a candidate answers the following questions:
a. Why it is you who should become Miss Wheelchair World 2017?
b. As a Miss Wheelchair World 2017 what would you do to change the image of people with disabilities?
c. Do you think that disability is an obstacle to become fulfilled in daily life?
All aforementioned documents and CD recording need to be filed till August 20th. Otherwise You will not be selected to the MWW 2017.
9. I am not associated in any organization. How can I find an organization/foundation which reports me to the MWW 2017?
According to the Regulation if You are from a country which does not organize national beauty contest for wheelchair bound persons You have to be reported to the MWW 2017 by an organization/foundation dealing with people with disabilities. This is your task to find it. If You come cross any problems Just write us. We will do our best to help You.
10. What is the benefit for the organization which reports me to the MWW 2017?
The reporting organization become a partner of the MWW 2017. It’s trade mark will be expose on the web pages: www.jedyna-taka.pl (official web page of the organizer of the MWW 2017) and www.misswheelchairworld.com (official web page of the MWW 2017) and respectively on their social media. We are also going to put the trade mark (or logo) of the reporting organization in the video clip from the Workshops and the MWW 2017 catalogue. Obviously the reporting orgazation will be given a 2 person invitation for the Final Gala.
11. Do I have to send You my video presentation on CD or may I do it through an e-mail?
Yes obviously You can send us Your presentation via e-mail or by the virtual hard disk.
12. What is an identity number, mentioned in the application form?
It is the number of Your identity document (ID card/cernet de identidad or the number of Your passport).
13. What level of disability is required to take part in the MWW 2017?
To take part in the MWW 2017 you have to have a disability certificate in which it is stated that You are a wheelchair bound person (you have to use a wheelchair on a usual basis).
14. What for do we organize the MWW 2017. What is it’s purpose?
The aim of the Project is to suport women in striving for independence and to boost their proffesional and social activity. It also aims to break through the mental barriers and stereotypes which people with disabilities need to struggle with. The project also serves as a communication channel on the latest scientific and medical achievements and rehabilitation techniques. The Only One Foundation takes all necessary actions to draw employers’ attention towards people with disabilities and to introduce these people to the world of fashion, advertising campaigns and photo sessions.
15. What are we going to do during the Workshops?
During the Workshops the finalists are to take part in the photo sessions in the national costume (regional costume), outdoor session, photo calendars session and choreography workouts. Moreover the finalists are going to make a Warsaw sightseeing tour and at last to take part in the conference on the situation of people with disabilities in the countries of origin of the candidates. The most important aim of the Workshops is the integration.
The Workshops is a body aching time, but You obviously will have a good time at the same time. We will do our best to make all the finalists feel at home and to bring back unforgettable experiences home.
16. Where are we going to sleep and where are going to take place all the MWW 2017 activities?
The candidates and their assistants stay in the Raddison Blu Sobieski Hotel https://www.radissonblu.com/en/. All the activities are held in Warsaw.
17. I am a user of an electric wheelchair. Can I still take part in the MWW 2017?
Yes. During the Miss Wheelchair Poland 2015 there were the finalists who could have not moved the wheelchair with their hands.
18. If I am conferred the Miss Wheelchair World title do I have to travel around the Word? Who is going to cover the expenses of such travels?
It depends on the organizers’ decision. Normally the organizer of such event should covers all the costs.
19. If my command of English language is not good can I still take part in MW 2017?
Yes. We will do our best to communicate with You in any form. But at least basic English is advisable.
20. If I am qualified to the finals, may I come Poland earlier than September 29th? What about the accommodation and alimentation cost in cuch a case.
We cover the cost of Your stay in Warsaw of September 29th to October the 8th as well as the transportation from and to the airport. If there are no flights in these dates we can individually look into such a matter. Nevertheless You have to immediately let us know about such a case.
21. Am I going to be collected from the Airport (the same with the way back)?
Yes sure. We provide the transportation during all Your stay in Poland. Our team will assist You during Your stay in MWW 2017.
If there is something more to clear up just write us under the following e - mil adress: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +48 535 156 774
tuesday 9.30 - 13.30,
friday 9.00 - 13.00.
You can also contact us through our fb funpage: https://www.facebook.com/MissWheelchairWorld/?ref=br_rs.